This is a full time Fundraising, Database and Research position. This position is to work in the corporate offices of EAH Housing located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidate will have some college or an undergraduate degree and 3 years of increasing research experience of an increasingly responsible nature. Must have direct experience in fundraising and/or proficiency in marketing software.
EAH Housing has been Developing, Managing and Promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 405, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
Responsible for research and analytical reports for all areas within the Communications Department including new business development, fundraising, advocacy, press and promotions. Responsible for research, design and implementation of a new contact/marketing data base and relationship management plan for the company. Investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, implements constituency communication protocols and prepares reports/recommendations for the company.
Fundraising / Relationship Management:
• Responsible in planning and implementing fundraising projects.
• Prepares and coordinates communications distribution – mailings, emails, relationship management protocols
• Refine and execute communication strategy and manage multilevel relationships
• Ensures that all donor inquiries are responded to efficiently and effectively, and all thank you letters, welcome packets are sent out.
• Keeps accurate statistics and records on all constituents --- elected officials, advocates, press and types of donors individual, corporate and foundation
• Supports the research, purchase, development, conversion and maintenance of a new departmental donor/constituency database.
• Assists in the creation or building of the database structure. Analyzes what can be achieved by database structure and makes refinements to help make necessary achievements
• Coordinates necessary data from the CEO, REM, RED and Communications to to ensure database has relevant and accurate information
• Monitors the database and advises on how it can be used and/or updated to aid analysis and performance of all areas of CRM constituency communications
• Oversees the downloading of necessary data for relationship management including meetings, mailings, press newsletters, promotions
• Provides analytical reports or statistical information from the database for relationship management and communications
• Supports all departments with projects as assigned by the Director
• Runs other errands as requested
• Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Other Communications department back up support such as initiating corporate wide statistic, graphic production, marketing materials, branding etc. may be assigned as necessary.
• Experience in using Lexis Nexis or other research database tools
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point applications.
• Proven experience in marketing or fundraising
• Above average written and oral communication skills, including grammar and punctuation
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Sound judgment to make decisions in supervisor’s absence and to manage workflow independently
• Ability to keep information confidential and handle with discretion
• Excellent organizational skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to be effective under pressure and solve problems independently
• Must have clear communication skills K. Ability to work well in a team environment and interact effectively with all departments and outside contacts
Some college or undergraduate degree preferred. 3 years of increasing research experience of an increasingly responsible nature and direct experience in fundraising and or marketing software.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.