Sidera Networks is the premier provider of communications services, offering businesses and carriers a comprehensive suite of facilities based network solutions delivered through superior service and customer care. We provide telecommunications services throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pennsylvania and Chicago, serving rural and metropolitan areas.
We are operating in a highly technical, competitive dynamic and fast paced industry. We are staffed with highly skilled, experienced people who have multidisciplinary experience and backgrounds. Our major competitive value lies in our people. We are aggressive in our goal of attracting the best with an exceptional employee experience. We provide a comprehensive benefits package and highly competitive compensation packages.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of Sidera’s fiber optic network facilities, both inside buildings and on outside rights-of-way.
· Engineering design of Inside Plant (ISP) & Outside Plant (OSP) fiber optic cable facilities for routing the backbone network and laterals. Includes the acquisition of existing facilities provided by incumbent Right-of-Way (ROW) owners. Maintain documentation and update with as-built conditions.
· Perform site-surveys as required to evaluate the design conditions. Coordinate access with municipalities, landlords and customers.
· Schedule and manage the installation of all Sidera facilities & cable which includes the direct coordination with municipalities, landlords and customers. Manage contractor bidding.
· Manage the acquisition and flow of materials to meet the schedule requirements.
· Supervise all contractors to achieve the installation objectives, due dates and quality standards.
· Manage all budgetary aspects of each project based on the capital & operational expense targets.
· Responsible for coordinating all activities with the providers of underground/aerial ROW, in addition to local municipalities and other utilities.
· Assist on-site supervising emergency and maintenance repairs, when needed.
· Education: Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering preferred.
· Licensures/Certification: Valid Drivers License
· Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years relevant experience with fiber-optic/telecom construction.
· AutoCAD experience is preferred
· HS or equivalant a must
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.