||Taylor Guitars is looking for a masterful Machine Mechanic to add to our MMR team. Do you consider yourself a skillful and handy repairman that specializes in repairing machinery ranging from CNC and robotics to woodworking equipment? Would you enjoy working in a Machine Tool Repair and Maintenance shop with a highly productive and friendly work environment? Are you looking to join a crew of adept team members who are key contributors to the exciting growth of an innovative and successful guitar manufacturing company? If you are eager to apply your knowledge to the fullest at a company with a great product line and culture to match, please apply online today!
Machine Mechanic Success Factors:
Within the first 30 days:
• Get to know the MMR team members and understand the responsibilities of each employee.
• Gain a full understanding of our facilities and how the Machine & Tooling functions correlate with the overall manufacturing process.
• Gain a full understanding of repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining all in house machinery.
Within the first 60 days:
• Successfully maintain, engineer, and install airline, electrical, vacuum and collection systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance on machines assigned.
• Troubleshoots and repairs machines and equipment assigned.
Within the first 90 days:
• Fabricates specialty machinery for Taylor Guitars such as robotic spray cells and UV ovens
• Performs complete machine rebuilds of Fadals, CNCs and other machines.
• Performs all machine moves and installation of new machinery.
Department: Machine Tool R&M
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Machine Maintenance & Repair Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal travel required
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 1)6:30am-3:00pm 2)11:00am-7:30pm 3)2:00pm-11:00pm
The Machine Mechanic maintains and repairs all in house machinery ranging from CNC and robotics to woodworking equipment according to direction from the MMR Manager. Engineers and installs electrical, airline, vacuum and collection systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Perform preventive maintenance on machines assigned.
• Troubleshoot and repair machines and equipment assigned.
• Fabricate specialty machinery for Taylor Guitars such as robotic spray cells and UV ovens.
• Perform all machine moves and installation of new machinery.
• Perform complete machine rebuilds of Fadals, CNCs and other machines.
• Install in house electrical, airlines, vacuum and dust collection installations, as directed.
• Perform repairs for the Tecate factory when needed.
• Perform biweekly inventory of Parts in the MMR department.
• Leadership - Experience leading and mentoring a team.
• Problem Solving - Ability to troubleshoot and report situations for further direction on resolving.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to read electronics schematics and interpret procedural manuals and machine operations information.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to use a lathe and other machinery is a plus.
• Technical Aptitude - Skills which demonstrate strong mechanical, electrical, and electronic background.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of High Velocity air vacuum systems.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of how to use equipment and materials properly.
• Team Oriented - Ability to get along with others and to work well in a team environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Eight to ten years of machine mechanics, electrical work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Experience working on robotics, CNC. Experience working with various materials such as; sheet metal, aluminum and wood. Experience mig welding required (tig welding is a plus). Experience in troubleshooting different types of controls such as variable frequency drives, closed and opened loop, dive systems.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for company coverage. Ability to qualify for US passport.
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward C (Constantly)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb F (Frequently)
Crawl F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less N (Not Applicable)
13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
26-40 lbs N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Working conditions are normal for a factory environment. There is frequent exposure to a variety of wood types and sawdust. There is frequent exposure to finishing products, finish dust and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.