||We are seeking a top-notch Security Specialist to join our team at Taylor Guitars. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working directly in managing all aspects of facility security, developing comprehensive security programs and conducting awareness training sessions. Are you a security specialist and emergency response team leader who is prepared to take on and develop an important role in the security of manufacturing operations across multiple locations? Do you have a sharp eye for detail, the ability to think on your feet, and the capacity to quickly analyze situations and make decisions that protect the safety and security of employees? Do you have experience within an active and quickly growing manufacturing environment over multiple shifts? If this role sounds like an ideal career opportunity for you, bring your talents to Taylor Guitars!
Security Specialist Success Factors:
Within the first 30 days:
• Gain a full understanding of our facilities, different buildings and all areas of production.
• Become familiar with our current security protocol, emergency response plans, and company policies and procedures.
• Review security programs, under guidance of the Safety & Risk Manager, to train managers, supervisors and employees in work site security, disaster recovery, and emergency response.
• Patrol and inspect facility (interior/exterior), protection devices, and fire control equipment on site.
• Be able to investigate and document security incidents and accidents.
• Become the general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions as well as a first responder to alarm calls, emergencies or suspicious activity.
Within the first 6 months:
• Conduct successful emergency training and drills for the company across shifts.
• Establish yourself as liaison between Taylor Guitars and law enforcement, security company, property management company, and city entities.
• Prevent unauthorized access to the facility, and enforce site policies by effectively communicating policies and procedures to employees, guests and vendors.
• Take ownership of company security programs, beginning with the development of an employee training schedule.
• Travel across the border to become familiar with operations at the plant in Tecate, Mexico.
• Become the principal architect of a security system and establish protocol for a potential new location.
Within the first year:
• Be intimately familiar with all aspects of the company’s security program.
• Have a regular training program in place for executives, management, employees and new hires.
• Be able to show carefully recorded documentation of incidents, training ,and updated procedures.
• Represent Taylor Guitars in community or industry security groups and programs.
• Fully integrate security programs across all locations.
Department: Human Resources
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Safety & Risk Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal travel to Tecate
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-12:30am
The Security Specialist, under the guidance of the Safety & Risk Manager, will oversee the security issues of Taylor Guitars across three locations: El Cajon, Tecate, and Amsterdam. Duties include but are not limited to: loss control, facility supervision, security vendor evaluations, security system purchases and maintenance, CTPAT certification, emergency response, emergency planning and training.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Owns and manages all aspects of facility security under the guidance of the Safety & Risk Manager.
• Develops and manages comprehensive security programs which include protocol for access control, intrusion alarms, security cameras, gate access, loss control, employee termination, disaster response, and emergency contact.
• Coordinates regular training sessions for executives, management and employees as well as awareness training for new hires.
• Acts as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions.
• Manages all aspects of employee facility access, including the issuing of employee keys, badges and security codes. Enforces the correct protocol for the use of alarm codes and wearing of badges.
• Writes and submits timely reports of irregularities such as property or equipment damage, presence of unauthorized persons, theft or unusual occurrences.
• Reports all incidents, accidents, or emergencies as necessary.
• Responds to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate protocol.
• Acts as a first responder to any emergencies or suspicious activity.
• Prevents unauthorized access to the facility, and enforces site policies by effectively communicating policies and procedures to employees, guests and vendors.
• Implements programs to train executives, managers, supervisors and employees in work site disaster recovery and emergency response.
• Assists in the investigation of incidents, accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
• Authorizes treatment for injured employees with Workers' Compensation medical providers.
• Arranges transport and completes the required paperwork for injuries.
• Represents Taylor Guitars in community or industry security groups and programs.
• Maintains security and safety files and records.
• Escorts terminated employees off of company grounds when necessary.
• Monitors gates, video cameras and building access on a regular basis.
• Adds and deletes security codes for building access when necessary.
• Monitors keys and issues new keys when necessary.
• Acts as a contact for the security company and is available 24 hours for calls.
• Will drive to facility after hours and on weekends if necessary.
• Direct upcoming cross-border projects including CTPAT certification and redesign of the current security apparatus at a new Taylor Guitars location.
• Coordinates training of cross-border security staff and serves as technical advisor for security issues.
• Monitors and manages the secure transfer of employees across borders.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility - Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Resourceful - Ability to act effectively or imaginatively to deal promptly with new or difficult situations; ability to take initiative to deal with situations skillfully.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Team Oriented - Ability to get along with others and to work well in a team environment.
• Technical Aptitude - Skill of planning and prioritizing work activities.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of general protocol and procedure pertaining to area.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Security, military or law enforcement background is a plus.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
Certifications & Licenses: Ability to possess a valid driver's license and to qualify for company insurance coverage. Ability to obtain a Passport for travel to Tecate factory. Must be First Aid certified. Must possess and maintain current BSIS California Guard Card.
Other Requirements: Must be flexible and available to work weekends and evenings.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less N
13-25 lbs N
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near)
• Sense of Sound - Must have good hearing for phone work and interaction with employees, dealers and customers.
Working conditions are normal for an office and factory environment. There is some exposure to finishing chemicals, a variety of wood types, wood dust and finish dust. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud.