Responsible for assisting with obtaining, processing and reviewing all required loan documentation needed for loan approval which includes all applicable income, asset, property information, federal and state disclosures, etc. Facilitates order of all third party services including but not limited to appraisal, title, flood, etc. May originate loans in addition to functions of processor according to the duties listed for a loan officer
The level of work is considered associate level and staff work under immediate supervision. This position has no direct reports.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assists with processing and/or originates mortgage loan applications and reviews all documentation necessary for loan approval for accuracy and completeness, and enters all data in the Mortgage Loan Origination System
2. As an Assistant Processor, assists with placing third party vendor orders for all appraisals, title and other loan specific requirements pertaining to federal and state guidelines
3. Ensures the adequacy and accuracy of all consumer loan documentation necessary for loan approval and closing
4. Assists in responding to questions from consumers throughout the loan process and facilitates scheduling of loan closing
5. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages
6. Performs additional duties as required
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
• 0 to 2 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Customer service skills and verbal and written communications skills.
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis.
• Attendance and punctuality required in accordance with Bank practices
Working Conditions And Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.